Get the Look: Neutral Contoured Eyes
A neutral contoured eye is a great everyday look, but this eye can also be used as a base for any other look! Doing this will help the shadow appear super blended and buffed out. Apply your smokey eye over top or even a bright shadow look. Using this neutral matte base not only helps with blending but also creates a nice color corrected base for you to work on. This look also works well as a base when creating a bold liquid liner and false lash look. You only need two shadows and two brushes to create the base. Here’s how:
1. Start with a clean, fresh lid.
2. Apply your favorite eyeshadow primer all over the lid from lash line to brow.
3. Apply a matte cream color shadow (or a shade slightly lighter than your skin tone) all over the lid, softening into the crease.
4. Apply a soft brown into the crease (darker skins may need a dark brown for the same effect).
5. Apply the same cream colored shadow as a brow highlight.
6. Ta-dah! Your neutral base lid can work as a blended out canvas for all other looks or can be worn alone!
Brittany Hall has established herself as a freelance makeup artist, with over five years experience in the industry. She’s also an established blogger – on “Makeup by Brittany”, she blogs about fashion, beauty, home decor, and makeup. She brings her flair to the QC blog with regular posts about her experience in the beauty biz.