Posts Tagged ‘event planner job description’
Even if you’re not yet working as an event planner, you should definitely start browsing online job postings to get a feel for the demand of jobs in your area, and what skills employers are looking for. It’s important to educate yourself not only on event planning, but also on your local and regional industry – you need to know what options are available for you when the time comes. That’s why we’re posting this example event planner job description, to give you an idea of what an employer is looking for.
Position: Assistant Events Coordinator
This individual will help to coordinate up to 200 annual events, alongside the Event Coordinator. You have a highly motivated, take-charge personality, good customer service and ability to build relationships with clients and vendors, and excellent organization skills.
- Negotiate vendor contracts, book venues, arrange catering services, order necessary equipment, and supervise event decorating.
- Manage day-of set-up tasks and take-down for events.
- Provide promotional materials, gift bags, registration lists, name-tags, and any necessary paraphernalia for conference attendees.
- Analyze effectiveness of events to improve future projects.
- Prepare budgets
- Create and manage invoices and contracts
- Organize schedules and appointments with clients, staff, and vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to work independently
- Superior customer service skills
- Relevant event planning training
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must
Does this sound like viable job for you? Then you’ve made the right choice in pursuing a career in event planning. For top industry training, consider taking a course with QC Event School. It’s the first step to an exciting future!
Image via mbahighway.com