Posts Tagged ‘kat von d’
We love trying new products, especially foundations, so we’re pretty excited to get our hands on the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation. Either it’s incredibly popular or it’s soon-to-be discontinued, because we had the worst luck finding it in stores. We ended up purchasing it online and are waiting in suspense for it to arrive!
A few of our fair skinned staff are pretty excited to try it out because this line apparently has an incredible range that suits a wide variety of skin tones. Here are a few of the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation swatches that convinced the QC staff to splurge!
From all the rave reviews we’ve heard, this foundation seems to be highly pigmented; excellent for those of us with acne and other less sightly skin imperfections. Take a look at this swatch from Lydia over at Cut Throat Beauty. It looks incredibly light with a rather neutral undertone; something our pale-skinned staff members say is a rare find these days!
We were curious about how well this product blended as it is clearly quite thick. We didn’t want anything that clumped up or dried cakey, so we were thrilled when we came across these Kat Von D Lock It Foundation swatches from The Beauty Professor. It looks like it will blend quite nicely without settling into fine lines or large pores. We’re also guessing it will layer well, which is a huge plus!
If you’re not quite as convinced as we are, take a quick look at this video where Kat Von D actually applies the Lock It Foundation to her own skin. It looks wonderful! If you’re worried there isn’t a shade to match your skintone, check out the entire range here. We think you’ll find one that works!
If you’ve tried the Lat Von D Lock It Foundation we’d love to know how you liked it. Leave us a comment below!
Kat Von D has perfected the modern pinup look – she’s never seen without her trademark red lipstick and dark cat-eyes. The following steps will help you achieve the perfect Kat Von D pinup look.
1. Foundation and concealer – The pinup look is all about a flawless-looking face. Start with a primer, and then apply a matte foundation. Conceal any flaws or areas of discoloration with a concealer, then use a setting powder to finish it off.
2. Bronzer – Add some dimension and contouring to the face by running bronzer along the cheekbones, and down the sides of the nose.
3. Eye shadow – For this look, you’ll be blending brown and black shades. For your base, cover the entire lid in a whitish tone, like MAC’s “Brule”. Don’t be afraid to use a lot – it will help you blend later on. Next, go in with a soft brown along the outer corners of the brow bone and blend everything together to soften the edges. Then, using an eye shading brush, pull the dark brown underneath the eye.
Add some black shadow to the outer corner and underneath the eye to go even darker and give more definition. Blend well, and pull the black shadow across the bottom lash line.
4. Liner and mascara – Line the bottom waterline with a black pencil. Next, swipe black liner across the top lash line with a fine brush. Blend everything together with a flat brush and some more black shadow. Then add mascara.
5. Brows – Using a brow brush, darken the eyebrows and fill in any gaps, creating the classic pinup shape. The brows are an integral part of this look, should be very structured and strong.
6. Lips – Line the lips in red. Don’t be afraid to over the lip line a little bit to create some extra pout. Then, color in the lips with your favorite red lipstick.
Voila! A gorgeous pinup look, a la Kat Von D.