Posts Tagged ‘maybelline’
No matter what day job you have, you probably find your schedule pretty jam packed. We’re constantly on the go these days. And with so many people depending on us and so many stresses on our time, it can be all too easy to neglect our beauty routines. Today we’re sharing the busy woman’s makeup kit in an effort to spread easy and effortless beauty to all! With the right tools, we bet you’ll find it’s easier than you thought to squeeze in a bit of pampering each day.
This is our go-to product. These moisturizers are lightweight, but offer more coverage than most for that perfect ‘no-makeup’ look. It leaves us with a nice soft glow that we either leave as is or dust over with a light setting powder. There is a decent amount of SPF in it so it’s a really great choice for the summer months.
If your skin is in need of a bit more coverage we love Cover Girl’s Invisible Concealers. The formula is great for all over use, from under eye circles to blemishes, and we find it blends well with a variety of foundations, tinted moisturizers and setting powders. It’s quick and easy to use, and one of our staples for sure.
Makeup Forever’s HD Microfinish Powder will always be our number one, but we’ve recently come across this dupe from the wallet-friendly brand Essence. We have to say, it comes in a very close second. This transparent powder adapts to any skin tone, and truly keeps our makeup in place and looking great for as long as we need. If your skin is a bit oilier, we recommend stashing the Essence All About Matt compact powder in your purse. Trust us, you’re going to love this stuff.
Okay, so admittedly we’re total suckers for a good liquid liner, but we know that not everyone has the time to commit to it every day. We find ourselves picking up Sephora’s Jumbo Eye Pencils more and more throughout the work week. Super easy to apply and with great staying power, it’s a great alternative to liquid eyeliner. This pencil is also a great tool for tightlining.
Mascara is one product we don’t hesitate to splurge on. Elongating and filling out the lashes to frame the eyes is something we can’t leave the house without doing. We just don’t feel ‘done’ without it. Maybelline’s Mascara is a classic and a goodie. It’s waterproof, long-wearing, and goes on without clumping. Check, check and check!
This blush is extremely long wearing, and so lovely to apply thanks to its ultra-smooth texture. It is highly pigmented, so you really don’t need much. Just a quick swipe across each cheek and you’ll be good for the rest of the day. Tarte offers a great range of hues, though we find the shade ‘Peaceful’ to be especially flattering on a wide range of skin tones.
These sticks are jammed full of moisturizing shea and mango butters. They smell absolutely divine and leave a pretty tint on our lips that lasts longer than we expected from something called a ‘balm.’ Our favorite part? It’s the easiest and quickest thing to apply. Just swipe and go!
Urban Decay has done a marvelous job of creating setting sprays for every skin type – and the best part is they actually work. Our favorite is ‘de-slick’. It’s our go-to setting spray in the summer, and it works well on all skin types. We spritz a few sprays evenly over our faces at the very end of our morning beauty routine. It keeps our makeup in place for hours on end and stops us from looking powdery. This product gets the QC seal of approval!
WHAT PRODUCTS ARE IN YOUR MAKEUP KIT? LET US KNOW IN A COMMENT BELOW!
I wear lipstick pretty much every day. You can safely bet that it’s what I’m taking to any deserted island, and that there are usually at least two tubes of it on my person at any given time. Because of this my lipstick turnover rate is quite high, and I realized that I’m spending a small fortune on it! So, I decided to try and find a cheaper alternative to my high end brand favorites.
The problem is that it seems to be quite difficult to find a good matte lipstick at the drugstore. Most don’t last as long as high-end brands, contain way too much glitter for anyone’s good, and can sometimes smell a bit…strange. Or at least that was my general opinion until I happened upon Maybelline’s Color Sensational Lipsticks. I now own this lipstick in two shades; #235 Warm Me Up and #365 Sugared Honey. I absolutely adore both. I could go on and on about why, so I’ve made a simple pros vs. cons list for you.
• It’s wallet friendly! I only paid about $6.00 CAD on each.
• Doesn’t settle into creases. I like to do a quick lip scrub every morning and let a light lip balm sink in for about 10 minutes before applying this lip color. It makes for a very smooth application.
• Long-Lasting Color – After I apply it in the morning before heading to work I usually only have to reapply twice a day, once after lunch time and once around mid-afternoon.
• Matte color – When applied alone it offers a lovely matte finish, and when applied over lip balm it gives a subtle sheen which I think I’ll like during the summer months.
• Wide range of color choices – If you’re like me and usually stick to just a few natural looking shades this won’t matter as much to you. But if you like to have variety, this line’s got it!
• Not as long-lasting as high-end brands. I’ll always have a soft spot for my MAC and NARS lipsticks because they have incredible staying power. But, it won’t kill me to reapply a few more times throughout the day either.
• Matte color can sometimes look a bit unnatural. That’s why I like to apply a light lip balm first, as it makes the lipstick go on a little lighter. I recently chopped off the tip of the lipstick and mixed it with a bit of Vaseline and really like the consistency.
• Contains Alumina and Aluminum Hydroxide. A lot of people are iffy on how toxic these are to ingest, and women ingest a LOT of lipstick over the course of their lives. However, this lipstick contains very low amounts of each and I’m not too worried.
Have you tried this line of Maybelline lipstick? I’m always on the hunt for great makeup deals so if you’ve come across a great drugstore find let me know in a comment below!
Image via Maybelline.com