Posts Tagged ‘pinup’
Kat Von D has perfected the modern pinup look – she’s never seen without her trademark red lipstick and dark cat-eyes. The following steps will help you achieve the perfect Kat Von D pinup look.
1. Foundation and concealer – The pinup look is all about a flawless-looking face. Start with a primer, and then apply a matte foundation. Conceal any flaws or areas of discoloration with a concealer, then use a setting powder to finish it off.
2. Bronzer – Add some dimension and contouring to the face by running bronzer along the cheekbones, and down the sides of the nose.
3. Eye shadow – For this look, you’ll be blending brown and black shades. For your base, cover the entire lid in a whitish tone, like MAC’s “Brule”. Don’t be afraid to use a lot – it will help you blend later on. Next, go in with a soft brown along the outer corners of the brow bone and blend everything together to soften the edges. Then, using an eye shading brush, pull the dark brown underneath the eye.
Add some black shadow to the outer corner and underneath the eye to go even darker and give more definition. Blend well, and pull the black shadow across the bottom lash line.
4. Liner and mascara – Line the bottom waterline with a black pencil. Next, swipe black liner across the top lash line with a fine brush. Blend everything together with a flat brush and some more black shadow. Then add mascara.
5. Brows – Using a brow brush, darken the eyebrows and fill in any gaps, creating the classic pinup shape. The brows are an integral part of this look, should be very structured and strong.
6. Lips – Line the lips in red. Don’t be afraid to over the lip line a little bit to create some extra pout. Then, color in the lips with your favorite red lipstick.
Voila! A gorgeous pinup look, a la Kat Von D.