Posts Tagged ‘qc event school’
Meet Demarra Smith. Demarra graduated from QC Event School’s International Event and Wedding Planning course nearly a year ago. Shortly after, using her creativity, dedication, and just a pinch of style, Demarra successfully launched her own planning business, Bello Events. After working in the medical field for years it was a major career change, but Demarra now loves what she does each and every day.
We’re so pleased to bring you her story, get her perspective on the event and wedding planning industry, and showcase some stunning photos of her work. Make sure you check our her website, and social media pages!
Company Name: Bello Events
Description: Event planning services
Region: Southwest Michigan, United States
QC: What motivated you to start your career as a professional event and wedding planner?
Demarra: My motivation came from wanting to do something that I am passionate about. I wanted to get into an industry where I could enjoy working again. Now, I look forward to work!
QC: What are some highlights of your career so far?
Demarra: One of my biggest highlights so far is starting my own business! I also enjoy all of the professional relationships I have made. I have met a very diverse group of professionals from near and far in the event industry, and they have all taught me some valuable knowledge.
QC: How did your course prepare you for working in the field?
Demarra: This course prepared me for working in the field by giving me real life situations for planning a successful event. When I took this course I had to do the research for each assignment within my area. I made phone calls and talked to different vendors, and received quotes for different services. By doing this, it helped me have a better understanding about how to approach different situations for various events.
QC: Do you have any advice for anyone starting out with their training or career?
Demarra: My advice is to stay focused, be dedicated, don’t give up, and continue educating yourself after you graduate. QC teaches us very well, but there is still so much to learn afterwards.
Take a look at some photos of Demarra’s work…
Are you wondering how to be a wedding planner? Well, the best way is to enroll in a course that can teach you everything you need to know about the wedding planning industry. A course like those offered by QC Event School. If you enroll in the Wedding Planning course, you’ll work your way through four comprehensive units, all through distance learning. Here are just some of the things you’ll learn:
- How to work with the wedding party, solve any problem that may arise, and maintain good relationships
- How to work within any budgetary constraints
- Different cultural wedding variations from a variety of faiths
- How to add showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and rehearsal dinners to your event planning roster
- How to assist your clients in preparing their wedding wardrobe – from the dress and tux, to the rings and makeup
- How to choose the perfect venue for any wedding
- How to find and work with vendors, such as catering, music, bartending, flowers, and more
On top of all that, you’ll also receive full business training. Among other things, you’ll learn how to:
- Establish yourself as a small business – choose a great name, and write an effective business plan
- Market your business so that you can get your name out to potential clients
- Use the principles of project management to stay organized and handle any surprise that may come your way
A career in wedding planning could be just around the corner. With the help of QC Event School, you could be well on your way.