Posts Tagged ‘reception’
Choosing a first dance song can seem like a daunting task, particularly if you don’t have “a song”. I know I certainly didn’t! There are so many to choose from, and you want to pick something that a) you don’t feel has been overplayed b) fits you and your partner-to-be and c) isn’t too long – anything longer than 5 minutes can get a little tiresome for both the dancers and the spectators. We went on the hunt for some great first dance songs for weddings and…
We’ve compiled a list of ten first dance songs we think are beautiful, work for almost anyone, and aren’t so long that you’re left dizzy from all the circles you’ve been dancing.
- A Sunday Kind of Love – Etta James
- Birds of a Feather – The Civil Wars
- Halo – The Cure
- I’m so Glad – Royal Wood
- My Love For You Is Real – Ryan Adams
- Wild Horses – The Rolling Stones
- Your Rocky Spine – Great Lake Swimmers
- If I Were A Carpenter – Johnny Cash & June Carter
- Got To Get You Into My Life – The Beatles
- All I Want Is You – U2
We think the above songs are a good starting point for any couple or wedding planner looking for a little inspiration. We’d love to hear what you have to say about our list, and know of any recommendations you have for adding to it. Leave us a comment and be sure to share this post using the buttons below. Until next time!