Posts Tagged ‘urban decay’
We gets lot of questions about product recommendations here at QC Makeup Academy. Although we don’t like to recommend one product or another as a school, I’d love to share a personal favorite with you all, which is why I’ve written this Urban Decay Setting Spray review. It’s full name is All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray by Urban Decay. Spoiler alert: it’s fantastic.
Sometimes, a setting powder just won’t do. If you’re hoping to keep a dewy finish, a powder can make it look a little too matte. If you’re hoping for extra long wear, a powder can slowly break down throughout the day. These reasons are why I love Urban Decay’s All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray.
Available in two different sizes, the All Nighter spray comes in a pump bottle and allows you to apply a thin layer of setting mist over a makeup application. The mist locks in the makeup’s true finish, color, and helps to keep it that day all day – or “all night” in this case.
We recommend this product for anyone who needs their makeup to last morning to night, weddings, outdoor photoshoots, and anyone who just wants their makeup to last as long as possible. Its lightweight finish, easy application, and reasonable price point makes it a clear pick for me. If you Google it, you’ll see it’s many others’ favorite too!
What do you think of setting sprays? Have you used an Urban Decay setting spray before? Let me know in a comment. I’d love to know!
From April 2nd to 29th, we’re running an exclusive Facebook-fans only giveaway at QC Makeup Academy. We’re giving away THREE Urban Decay palettes: Naked, Naked 2, and Naked Basics. All you have to do is submit your best smokey eye look to the Contests app on our Facebook page and you’ll be entered. On April 30th, we’ll choose our three favorite looks and announce the winners on Facebook. Sound good? Want to enter now? Click HERE! You can find all the contest details and entry form by clicking the tab that says “Enter to Win a Naked Palette!” This contest is open internationally. Read on for more details.
- Grand Prize
First place winner will receive brand new Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.
The follow up to the original bestselling Naked palette, this stunning second edition proves that neutral is anything but boring. Showcasing a dozen completely different shades than the first bronze-based collection, it includes a stunning range from pale and deep, to matte and sparkly. You’ll achieve a host of new neutral looks, smoky dramatic eyes, and everything in between. The palette also includes a travel-size Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked and a double-ended, cruelty-free Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush (available only in this palette).
- 12 × 0.05 oz Eyeshadows in Foxy (cream bisque with matte finish), Half Baked (golden-bronze with shimmering finish), Booty Call (shimmering cork), Chopper (copper shimmer with silver microglitter), Tease (creamy pale brown with matte finish), Snake Bite (dark bronze shimmer with metallic base), Suspect (pale golden beige with shimmering finish), Pistol (light gray-brown with shimmering finish), Verve (oyster with shimmering finish), YDK (cool bronze shimmer with metallic base), Busted (deep brown with shimmering finish), Blackout (blackest black with matte finish)
- Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush
- 0.11 oz Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked (pinky neutral)
- 2nd Prize
Second place winner will receive brand new Urban Decay Naked palette.
This long, lean, and seductive case comes packed with 12 gorgeous neutrals that work for absolutely everyone. Shades range from delicate champagne to gritty gunmetal, and feature five stunning new shades. A variety of textures, including glitter, shimmer, and matte, ensure that you’ll never get bored. This versatile palette can go from office appropriate to a night on the town. The mirrored case also features a new professional-quality, cruelty-free Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush, plus a travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion in original formula.
- 12 × 0.05 oz shadows in: Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), Gunmetal (dark grey metallic)
- Good Karma Eyeshadow Brush
- 0.13 oz Travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- 3rd Prize
Third place winner will win brand new Urban Decay Naked Basics palette.
The long-awaited, multipurpose MATTE companion to Naked is the palette everyone needs in their beauty arsenal. With six versatile and extremely wearable Naked shades, it has everything you need for the perfect neutral matte eye—including four totally new and exclusive shades. It all comes in a sleek compact embossed with a pretty, metallic NAKED on the front that has a slight sheen and suede-like feel that begs to be touched. Best of all, the slim design is perfect for travel, so you’ll never have to be without these must-have shades.
This palette includes:
- 6 × 0.05 oz eye shadows in Venus (soft, off-white demi-matte), Foxy (very light yellow/white matte), Walk of Shame (very light nude matte), Naked2 (taupe matte), Faint (warm, dusty brown matte) and Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte).
- Contest Instructions
To enter, create your best smokey eye makeup look and upload a photo to the contest application through QC Makeup Academy’s Facebook fan page. Be sure to create a complete look, not just the eyes!
- Contest Starts
- April 02, 2013 @ 09:00 am (EDT)
- Contest Ends
- April 29, 2013 @ 05:00 pm (EDT)
- Need more Details?
- About the Company
QC Makeup Academy offers a fully integrated, online learning experience. Study to become a professional makeup artist from home!